- Privacy and personal data
PRIVACY AND PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
We inform you that Sélestat Haut-Koenigsbourg Tourisme (SHKT) – 2 place du Dr Maurice Kubler – F-67600 SELESTAT – 0033 3 88 58 87 20 undertakes to ensure that your personal data, collected and processed from the website www.selestat-haut-koenigsbourg.com, are collected and processed in compliance with (EU) Regulation 2016/679 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and with Act no. 78-17 of 6 January 1978 on Data Processing, Data Files and Individual Liberties (amended).
All forms limit the amount of personal data collected to a strict minimum (data minimisation).
Personal data collected as part of the services offered on www.selestat-haut-koenigsbourg.com are processed in accordance with secure protocols enabling Sélestat Haut-Koenigsbourg Tourisme to manage requests received.
1. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
The data concerning you are collected or processed in full or in part while you are browsing our website using forms, directly when you contact us by phone, or through our social media.
You can visit our website www.selestat-haut-koenigsbourg.com without disclosing any personal data concerning you.
In the case of a refusal, you may not have access to certain information or services that you have requested, such as in the case of a form containing a mandatory field indicated by an asterisk (*).
Category of personal data collected:
- First name
- Company name
- Full postal address (number, street, postcode, city and country)
- Email address
- Phone number
- Start and end date of stay
- Place of stay
- City of stay
- In the case of a bike rental request: desired rental date, duration and number of adult bike(s)
- Any special request you may have
- Information related to surveys that we use for statistical purposes
- The IP address is saved, together with the user’s clickstream. Our website service provider undertakes to retain data for a maximum period of one year.
By providing any data, you accept that they be processed by Sélestat Haut-Koenigsbourg Tourisme for the processing purposes indicated in point 2.
2. PROCESSING PURPOSES
Sélestat Haut-Koenigsbourg Tourisme informs you that the data collected concerning you are processed electronically for the following purposes:
- communicating with you and informing you
- making contact with you following your request
- managing your requests for information and providing information that you have requested by filling in the appropriate form
- providing the interactive services for which you have filled in the form (data on the length and place of your stay, collected when you provide this information to us, are used for the exclusive purpose of enhancing the quality of our service to you for your stay in Alsace)
- sending printed or electronic tourism documentation
- managing your bike rental requests
- establishing traffic statistics, processing and/or transmitting any complaints, suggestions or remarks you may have
- promoting Alsace
in performance of the duties of public service, legitimate interest and legal obligations of Sélestat Haut-Koenigsbourg Tourisme.
3. RETENTION PERIOD
Your data are held for the time required for the performance of the aforementioned purposes, in compliance with the recommendations of the French Data Protection Authority (CNIL) and/or with our legal obligations.
Our general data storage policy is as follows: maximum period of three years from the end of your relationship with SHKT or from the last time you made contact with SHKT.
The data concerning you are processed by authorised persons in charge of carrying out customer relations tasks, by the authorised staff of the external IT service providers of Sélestat Haut-Koenigsbourg Tourisme, of Agence d’Attractivité de l’Alsace, of Alsace Destination Tourisme and of our partner Alsatian tourist offices.
Certain personal data may be shared with third parties or legal authorities in order to meet our legal, regulatory or contractual obligations.
We do not sell your personal data.
5. YOUR RIGHTS
Under the French Privacy and Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978, amended, for data concerning you, you have rights of access, rectification, deletion, processing restriction, objection and portability.
You may exercise the aforementioned rights by contacting the personal data controller:
- by postal mail, accompanied by a copy of an identity document, ideally by registered mail with acknowledgement of receipt
- by e-mail, accompanied by a copy of an identity document to email@example.com
- or delivered by hand with presentation of an identity document.
SHKT has a maximum response time of one month from the date of receipt of the request. If the request made in person cannot be met immediately, a dated and signed receipt must be provided to the person making the request.
If the request is incomplete (no identity document, for example), SHKT is entitled to request additional information, in which case the response time is suspended and will resume once the additional information has been provided.
Limits on the right of access
- deny the request for access: in this case SHKT must provide the reasons for its decision and inform the person making the request of the remedies and periods allowed for contesting the decision; or SHKT may choose not to respond to requests that are manifestly unreasonable, due, for example, to the number of requests made or the repetitive nature of the requests, e.g. when a complete copy of a record is requested every week.
When SHKT does not have any data on the person exercising his or her right of access (for example, because the data have been deleted or the organisation has no data on the person), SHKT must nevertheless respond to the person making the request within one month. The right of access must be exercised while respecting the rights of third parties: for example, an employee of a company cannot obtain data relating to another employee.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the French Data Protection Authority (CNIL).
SHKT shall take every precaution required to protect the security of your data. Our employees and subcontractors are bound by the same confidentiality obligation with respect to your data. Here are the security measures we have put in place:
- SSL protocol
- data backup
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file or tracker that is saved and read, for example, while a website is being visited, an email is being read, or software or a mobile application is being installed or run, regardless of the type of device being used, be it a computer, smartphone, electronic reader or video game console connected to the Internet, etc.
Your consent is required for the use of these tools, provided that they are not strictly necessary for the operation of the relevant website.
When you visit www.selestat-haut-koenigsbourg.com, you will be informed of the use of various cookies on our website. You can enable or disable them on a case-by-case basis, or disable all of them.
Our privacy and personal data protection policy may be amended or supplemented at any time to ensure compliance with any legislative, regulatory or technological changes.
Last updated on: 05/08/2021