The Dominican Sisters of St. Catherine founded their convent in Colmar in 1310. They originally came from Ammerschwihr. The provisory chapel where they first were was not consecrated until late 1371. The nave was ended in 1436 and the cloister was rebuilt in the 16th century. Other transformations were made during the 18th century. The apse of the choir was cut off in the 19th century to allow works in the rue Kléber. In 1792 the monastery was used as a military hospital. Today the buildings house a school, a party room and the administrative headquarters of the tourist office. Only the very elegant pinnacle, carefully restored, still recalls the original affectation.
Moyens de paiement
8 Rue Kléber, 68000 Colmar