The Witches' Tower
Popularly known as the "Witches' Tower", it is the former low gate (Niedertor) that opens the eastern side of the first enclosure (1216) towards Strasbourg. The upper floors were used as a prison, especially in the 17th century for "witches" before their execution. In 1774, the ground floor housed a saltpetre and a warehouse for equipment from the fortifications department.
Building only visible outside.