Parc des ruines du Château
Around 1802, the future Baron of the Empire, Mathieu de Faviers, bought an old feudal castle situated on a foothill of the Vosges, below which he had a manor house built. On the slope between the Directoire residence and the "gothic" fortress, Faviers had a "table garden" laid out in accordance with the models in vogue since the end of the 18th century.
The future lawns had to be designed, the banks of the stream had to be planted, the forest had to be cut into to provide the necessary access and views... The pink sandstone ruin guides the view, beyond the romantic path of the wooded park, and this monumental "factory" is nowadays animated by the "Volerie des aigles".
Opposite the entrance is the car park for cars and coaches.