Ramparts and fortified cemetery
The first written mention of the fortification dates from 1298. A double wall enclosure called a fortified cemetery (900m in total length) enclosed the district of the castle which included the church, the cemetery, the bailiwick house (Amthaus), wells, probably 2 fortified houses including the current presbytery as well as at least 20 individual houses.
Access to the neighborhood was through the gate tower of 1405, improbably called Witches' Tower. In 1489, the population of the castle district was estimated at about 100 people. The inner enclosure can be dated to the first half of the 13th century. The outer enclosure can be located at the end of XIV, beginning of XV.
Since 2001, the insertion team "Tremplins" works on the site to consolidate and enhance it.
It is possible to walk there all year round and the Association des remparts organises every 2nd Sunday in June "La Fête des Remparts": nearly 400 people dressed up on the site (morning parade), medieval entertainment groups, equestrian games, games, medieval market, wild boar on the spit and other restaurants...