Eglise des Récollets (Protestant Church)
The present Protestant church occupies the choir of the former convent church of the Franciscans of Selestat.
The order settled in Sélestat in the 13th century and built this choir in 1280 next to the conventual buildings.
Abandoned, then taken over by the Récollet order, secularised during the Revolution, it was in 1878 that the Sélestat town council authorised the young Protestant community to use it as a place of worship. Before the official inauguration in 1881, the nave was demolished and major renovation work was carried out.
The organ was built by Rinckenbach.
The stained glass windows date from after the Second World War, those in the choir show Moses and Christ (centre) and the four evangelists (right and left).