Hôtel de Ville (Town hall)
Close to the medieval site of the Herrenstube, the seat of the Magistrate (City Council), the Town Hall is a neo-classical building designed by the city architect Joseph-Ignace Goujet in 1787-1788. The building replaces a first building that was located not far away, but which was destroyed to become dilapidated around 1780.
Its front façade opens onto a porch with columns with superimposed Tuscan and Doric orders.
Visible from the outside only.