Alexandre Stamm (1835-1906) an architect of the town in Selestat since 1874 designed the Synagogue. It was inaugurated the 3 september 1890. Like many rhenan synagogues, it is decorated in an austere Romanesque style. Yellow and pink sandstone and red bricks used alternatively give the masonry a colourful aspect. Damaged by the Nazis in 1940, the synagogue was restored after the war without its original dome. On that occasion, the ritual bath (Mikvah) was excavated (1836).
Formules de visites
Self-guided visit with reservation , Guided tour for individuals with reservation , Guided tour for groups with reservation
Commodités / Services annexes
Pay car park
Rue de la Synagogue, 67600 Selestat